Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Well, I survived the first day of school!


Whoopie! I made it through the first day of school. However, my feet didn't. I've been wearing sandals and flip flops all summer and I put on a pair of flats...BIG MISTAKE! By noon, I was limping around with about 6 blisters. By afternoon recess, I was hobbling. But, I do seem to have a nice group of kids this year (not like last year's group!!!) They sat quietly, did their work, and didn't complain! And, they can WRITE! (...faint!) Some of them came from our former reading coach and believe me, HIS kids know their stuff! (THANK YOU, Robert!)Unfortunately, our lunch is the second to the last and their little tummies (and mine) were rumbling by 11:50. That's a LONG morning~~from 8:00 until 11:50 to sit! We only get a 10 minute bathroom break about 9:45 and that's it! ACK! I'm going to have to bring a snack every day from now on, because I was as hungry as they were! They all lined up at the end of the day and gave me "high 5's"! I think I'm going to enjoy this group of kidlets!

2 comments:

Gail said...

Emjoy your new group of minds to bend and shape. Sounds like they have a head start.

JennyB said...

Ahh your poor feet! It sounds like you've got a great group of kiddos, though, which is great news!!

~~ JennyB, Horsefeathers