Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Fire update~Joshua Tree


Well, driving to school yesterday morning (it was a regular work day for teachers, but no students), I didn't see any smoke from the Joshua Tree fire. Some teachers did tell me that they smelled the smoke down in Indio the previous night. Apparently it is now 60% contained (http://www.mydesert.com/article/20100828/NEWS01/8280302/Joshua-Tree-fire-nearly-contained) On other news, my class room is ready for Monday! I haven' worked so hard on getting my class room ready since my first year of teaching! I can't WAIT to see the herd this morning! It is actually only 68 degrees here in the desert this morning, so it will be chilly up in the mountains! YEAH! Our humidity finally broke last night and the cool air is a welcome change!!! That's Cathy, the ranch owner, hanging out with Gigondas last week.

2 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Lovely photo. I am glad your humidity broke, should feel so much better.

Barb said...

I was reading your update and when you refer to 'the herd' for a moment there I thought you meant the kids, lol. How appropriate!