Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, August 9, 2010

Scout starts extra training!







Ms. Manners will start some training tomorrow! Phew! I really need help with Scout and a trainer comes up to the ranch every Tuesday to work with the Pasos. She will help me to make sure that Scout leads properly without barging ahead. I know, I know..I should have worked with her on this before now. But, with a back injury, I just didn't have the strength to work with her! Even now, just taking her up to the round pen puts a lot of strain on my back and it is exhausting! So, I need some extra hands to work with her! I am so looking forward to this and I'm sure Scout isn't! Ha!

2 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Charm school is always a good thing and help is wonderful. Have fun Scout and be good.

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

It'll be good to get that problem solved. I know that with back problems any little turn or pull can be excruciating.