Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Farrier visit~"metal"~Sunday stills Challenge082210





Not the last time my farrier came to do the "herd", but back in March, I wandered around, camera in hand, and took these photos. Not this time, however~ I had to hold each horse and I couldn't balance my camera and pay attention! I'm glad I took these photos because it was interesting to see all the sizes of the horseshoes in the back of his truck. He mostly does thoroughbreds and he is VERY patient with each horse that he does. He and his assistant talk softly and, in Cali and Quad's cases, they almost fall asleep! He was even able to trim Sunni's back hooves this visit (not the first one, however), and Sunni has decided that he's a pretty good guy! Sunday Stills Challenge~"metal"~for August 22,2010.

6 comments:

WildBlack said...

WooW! thats really cool! :D Real Metal!

lisa said...

I new some might post horse shoes but you did good because I don't think I would of thought of doing it quite like you did! Great job.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Yay for good farriers!

I've never seen a horse shoe set-up like that. Very nicely organized. Good pictures, too!

~Lisa

Mikey said...

Gosh, it was like looking at the rack in Wade's truck. Same exact deal!

Oregon Equestrian said...

I went the shoe route, also. But you win per quantity!! Like the first one.

JennyB said...

Wow, isn't that just the neatest set up??? You captured it very nicely too!

Thank goodness for good farriers! Mine is very quiet and confident with the horses too.

~~ JennyB, Horsefeathers