Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Whatcha' doin'?







It was so darn HOT everywhere yesterday, that I didn't do much! I stayed inside down in the desert (it was 117 yesterday), and finally, about 3:00, I dragged myself out to the car and drove up the mountain to visit the horses. Hmmmm....it was over 90 degrees even up there. Ugh! Too hot to even think clearly, so I just hung out with Gigo and let her investigate my tennis shoes. I didn't wear my boots because it was too hot and when I come back to the desert, they are really uncomfortable! I figured I wouldn't get much done (and I didn't...)!!!! It's supposed to be 114 here in the desert for the next two days, then temps will drop down to 108 for the weekend. I have school stuff to do for the rest of the week, and I may not get back to see the herd until Saturday.

1 comment:

Barb said...

Awesome pictures of Gigo.