Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Scout's progress











I am very pleased with Scout's progress! She no longer barges through an open gate and will wait quietly for the HUMAN to go first! WOW! Big step forward! She got some lungeing yesterday and she is now backing up easily. She definitely has an "off" side and we will work on that. I have to drive to school today and "purge" the JUNK in my class room, but I'll work with her on Thursday. It was VERY humid yesterday and hot, too, so it was awful, even up in the mountains. (I won't EVEN talk about how awful it was here in the desert yesterday!!!) Phew. I can handle the dry heat, but, when you mix in humidity...it just zaps the moisture right out of you! We have a couple more days of humidity, then it should dry out for a few days. The temps are still with us (109 degrees), but it will be a DRY heat!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very good progress with Scout - it's so much nicer to have a horse with good ground manners!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Wonderful!