Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, August 6, 2010

The joy of just being alive!


I guess this says it all...It's so good to see him enjoying life. I spent one day this week down at my school and I worked in my class room for 3 hours! Yesterday I had to drive to San Diego. Today and this weekend and next week are devoted to the horses. I stopped and checked them yesterday. Cali's eyes look clear and much better! (She got an infestation of fly larvae in her eyes and the vet had to come and scoop out the larvae and give her an antibiotic shot and he gave me eyedrops for her.) I now have her in her own corral, away from Scout, and she has a fly mask (which Scout can't rip off!) Scout, of course, got her mask off, but the others (except Sunni) still have theirs on. It was a busy week! Phew! And, our weather is cooperating here. Right now, it is 68 degrees on our front porch. The usual "low" in August is in the 80's, but this next week, at least, morning temps will be in the 70's. That's good because it gives our air conditioners a rest!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Quad - love the picture, especially the tail!

Dan said...

What a beautiful photo! Looks like Quad is loving life!!
Dan
-x-

Dan said...

PS. Please wish us over some sun in the north of the UK!
Dan
-x-

Barb said...

I guess that is what is meant by jumping for joy. I'd love to see him go off like that.

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Quad looks so very happy, great to see.

restoration42 said...

So have so much energy and joy - you have given your horses such a good life. I didn't know that fly larvae could infest an eye. Gross.

Mel said...

Now, that's kicking up your heels...

We own a mustang mare that we adopted through the BLM out of Ridgecrest, CA. have had her now for 13 years.

Wow, how the time flies!

Mel

sandy said...

Such joy in this photo.

lisa said...

Good thing you were off and not on!