Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

More of Scout's lesson











This way, Scout! No, not ON me! By me! Back, back! Here we go! Ahhhh....that's a good girl! Scout's lesson continued and she learned that she cannot be her usual pushy self! I'm driving up this morning with my friend Molly and I'll work with her and hopefully she will remember her lesson!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mostly, I think, pushy horses just need to know what you want them to do - "oh, is that what you want? OK" - as long as we're able to be consistent with our boundaries. Looks like Scout is making good progress.

Barb said...

Dang, Scout is a nice looking horse!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Just keep working on it and she'll come around.

Gail said...

Wonderful progress. Sometimes I like my horses in my pocket but I want to make that choice.