Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Haven't had much time to blog lately!


I haven't had much time to blog lately, which is one reason why I'm behind on my posts. And, I haven't taken photos since last week. As summer winds down and I have to get ready for school, I realized this morning that I only have 2 1/2 weeks left of summer! ACK! I had to get up at 4:30 a.m. today to take our daughter and SIL to the Palm Springs airport. They are flying to Anchorage, AK to visit their cousins up there. I set my alarm on my cell phone, but either I didn't hear it or it didn't go off! I dashed out the front door at 4:45 a.m. (I was supposed to be at their house by 5:30). And, our air conditioner has had major issues. First, we replaced some parts but not the fan motor. Turns out, the fan motor REALLY needed to be replaced, so that was done yesterday. I was lucky to get out and spend the afternoon with my friend and fellow blogger, Barb, at her place, but yesterday I was stuck at home in front of a fan all day. Then, on the news, they said, "Don't sit in front of a fan if you don't have a/c. It's like a convection oven...it will slowly COOK YOU!" Huh? So, I wet a towel and wiped off my face and arms and drank LOTS of water! Fortunately, it was only 102 degrees here yesteray. Seems like we are between a low and a high and the low is winning out! YEAH! It's cool enough here this morning to open the front door and enjoy the sounds of the birds outside. While the young man was fixing the motor yesterday, I just sat outside with my camera (since it was actually cooler OUTSIDE than INSIDE!) and got this photo of the blue jay that comes to our front yard...

No comments: