Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rain up at the ranch!!!

I had to spend the day down at school yesterday, and I was running between classrooms (literally, because of the HEAT)! I looked up and saw thunderheads developing and by late afternoon, I could see that the mountains were getting a nice soaking. Of course, I didn't have my camera with me (since it was a school day) to get photos. Apparently we are due for another round of thunderstorms here and in the mountains today. Today is the big "rah, rah" at the high school, but it's hard to be supportive when our district administration wants us to take a 6% pay cut! And, with all the school supplies that I've purchased for this school year (pencils, pencil boxes, crayons, markets, colored pencils, 3 ring notebooks), it just makes their attitude even more insulting!!! Pppppffffffffffhhhhhhhhtttttttt!

1 comment:

JennyB said...

A paycut??? Grrrr, that hacks me off! I've always thought our entire education system needs to be completely overhauled and one of the first changes needed is to pay teachers much more! How do they expect to attract and retain the best teachers with such crappy pay? I really admire those of you who choose to do it despite the overwhelming challenges because it must be a labor of true love!!


~~ JennyB, Horsefeathers