Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, August 13, 2010

Scout gets more practice











So, yesterday my friend Molly came up with me to stop and visit with the horses and then we headed over to my cousin's for lunch. I took Scout out and she did fairly well with that. I only had to remind her once to not barge ahead! I took her in and out of the cones in the arena and she followed nicely. It's good to see that she is making progress. It isn't that she's bad...she just doesn't know what to do! Now that I know what to do with her, that will make it easier for me to be consistent with her.

5 comments:

lisa said...

I think that is the hardest part, making myself consistant for the horse! Looks like you are doing a good job!

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Good job both of you! Scout looks like she is paying attention to you in the photos.
Consistency is hard...but you will do great with her.
Oh, my homemade fly repellent works great! It also lasts for several days.

Anonymous said...

Good work and nice pictures!

JennyB said...

Yay! It sounds like you're both doing great! Keep concentrating on the progress, try to make it a tiny bit further each time and you'll get there!
I'm in that spot with my horses right now where I don't really know what to do with them so it's hard to be consistent but I WILL figure it out!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

All this work you are doing will make her safer for you and more adoptable if for some reason you had to find her a new home.