Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Shoes


for me, not the horses! I made the mistake of wearing a pair of flat shoes to school the first day and now I have BIG blisters all over my feet! Yesterday I wore an old pair of walking shoes (Reeboks) and socks and my feet didn't hurt, but the blisters are now big and red. Hmmm...we aren't allowed to wear "flip flops", so I guess I'll have to wear my walking shoes again today, but does anybody have any suggestions for the blisters? Is there anything I can put on them so that they don't hurt and go down? They hurt whenever ANYTHING touches them! OUCH! On a lighter note, I absolutely LOVE my class this year! They can write, they know how to SIT and do work, and they seem to be pretty good in math! YEAH! That makes my job so much easier when kidlets come to me PREPARED (unlike the previous year...sigh...)

2 comments:

Barb said...

Glad you've got great little monsters this year.

Why don't you try simply lancing the blisters and putting a band aid on them?

Rebecca said...

If you can bear a couple minutes of "WOW that STINGS!", I got blisters a lot from my boots in the military and what I would use is Lanacaine spray in a can. It does work well, but the initial feeling is oh, that's cold..which is quickly followed by, holy cow that burns!, but its ended with numb blisters. I would use the lanacaine spray then put moleskin in my shoes.