Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Pretty Cali


I was too sick to even drive up to the ranch on Saturday. Instead, I went to urgent care and got some antibiotics. I'm still coughing and I sound like a frog, but at least I don't have the headache and bodyache. But, Sunday I did drive up to the ranch and I let Cali out in the arena for some work and exercise. She's so easy to work with! I just point and she goes in that direction on the lunge line! So, I worked her both directions. She now comes to me if I say, "Cali, COME!"....what a good girl! This is one of the best photos I've ever taken of her, I think. She's usually in motion, or rolling, or eating weeds, but here she had her head up and I think she was looking at the other horses! Cali seems to be enjoying her time away from Scout, in her own corral. I had to put her there when she had her eye fly problem. Her eyes are now completely clean and clear, but only because of the antibiotics and keeping a fly mask on her 24/7. Once the weather cools down FOR SURE (we're in the middle of a heat wave right now), I'll take her fly mask off. She and Scout will probably have to be moved back together in the big corral for the winter.

3 comments:

Gail said...

Simply stunning shot!

Get well soon.

Barb said...

She is looking good!

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

There's what I assumed is an allergy cough going on around here. What's unusual about it is how deep and violent the cough is, and how sudden it hits. You feel like you're coughing up lung. I've just been popping antihistamines as soon as it hits, and that takes care of it. You're probably dealing with a school virus from the kids, I'll bet.