Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Monday afternoon
















I had to drive up to the ranch yesterday afternoon, after school, and I'm glad I did. It was a beautiful Indian summer day up there, the breeze kicked in, and the air was cool. It was 107 degrees down in the desert, but up in the mountains it was completely different. It was...refreshing! I stopped at home to change my clothes and immediately headed up the mountain to the horse ranch where I board my five. Quad immediately nickered (I think he now associates me with...FOOD!) and Cali stood patiently by her gate, begging for a run in the arena. So, I took her down there and she calmly ate weeds until she got a hair up her BUTT, and off she went!!! Sunni and Quad had to come over to see what Cali was up to, hanging their heads over their corral pipes. I took some time and just hung out with them, brushed them, and gave them all some feed. Gigondas seemed to especially need some lovin' and I spent quite a while with her, grooming her, getting the knots out of her mane, and giving her scratches. It was a good way to end the day.

4 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Cali is having a ball. She is so pretty

Barb said...

Isn't it just delightful to be able to hang with your horses and have no particular agenda to adhere to. I love the clouds behind Quad and Sunni.

Dan said...

Love that third photo of Cali!
Sounds like a pretty good way to end the day. I must say, from reading your blog posts, you have some interesting weather too!
Dan
-x-

Carol said...

I really enjoy your blog..I no longer have horses and miss being around them. I did get to spend a couple of days trail riding in NY..in the mountains. It was wonderful.