Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Winter is coming!











In spite of the Santa Ana winds yesterday, the horses are getting their winter coats. There have been some nights lately down into the high 30's. The forecast next week is for some nights down to about 36 degrees. So, they are getting their winter coats. I really noticed it on Sunni yesterday. The wind was blowing his hair and I could see it ripple! Both of my feet are now so sore that I can barely walk on them and I may need to get a cane. No relief yet after the first cortisone shot. Cathy and her husband weren't home, the ranch gate was locked, so I didn't want to take any of the horses out and possibly get injured and lie there for hours alone, so I just fed them all some beet pulp and brushed Sunni and Beauty. Hubby told me he would get off early today and drive up with me. It was eerily quiet up there yesterday with the wind blowing.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Have you been affected by any of the fires?

I'm so sorry about your painful feet.
I hope you get some relief soon.

~Lisa
New Mexico