Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, November 28, 2008

Claudia and Sunni











Claudia went with us last weekend when we stopped to visit the horses. I was still limping around and I just didn't have the strength to do much with them, but we did stop and feed them their beet pulp mash before heading over to Idyllwild. She mentioned, "You know, I've never even touched Sunni." HUH? Then I thought about it. She was correct. She loves Cali and spends a lot of time with her, and Beauty was out for training most of the summer, but she never really interacted with Sunni. So, after she sat down and cut apples for the herd, she took some apples down to Beauty and Sunni and actually touched him for the first time! I was proud of both of them!

1 comment:

Linda said...

Idylwild--haven't heard that in a while up here in the Northwest--but as a kid I spent every summer there at our church camp. Loved it!