Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Sunni saddled!





























GOOD NEWS! I got Sunni saddled by myself yesterday! I worked him for a while in the round pen and then decided to see if he remembered the saddle (he was saddled about a year ago...), so hubby and I brought the saddle pad and my lightweight saddle up to the round pen. UNFORTUNATELY, my leg was starting to throb, and since it is numb anyway, I was really feeling the pain (I go in for my cortisone shot Tuesday afternoon). And, I was tired. I let him sniff the saddle, but he really wasn't too thrilled about any of this!

But, isn't he handsome?

3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

He doesn't look too upset. Nice job

arlene said...

I'd had my share of cortisone shots, so I know what you go through.

I love your horses and the good job your going with them.

You say you didn't get your first horse till you became empty nesters. Why did you wait so long and how come horses?

It's funny, although I've always had at least one horse since 1970, we didn't get the two mustangs till we became empty nesters. They have really helped me get over the fact my chicks have left the nest.

Mikey said...

He is handsome! I think all your horses are beautiful!
Keep up the good work, some days it's hard to get out there and get anything done, but any time at all you spend with them is worth it.