Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Sunni and THE BEAST! (Beauty)





























Sometimes Beauty can be a real BEAST, like Saturday when we let her out into the arena with Sunni. Sunni always has perfect manners, but Beauty.....?????!!!!!!! No way. She's always very calm around me, but around other horses, FORGET IT! She wanted the weeds and SHE didn't want Sunni to have ANY of them. Period. She snorted. She kicked. She chased him off. She even reared at him! These are pics of her shenenigans with Sunni in the arena Saturday. I call them, "My weeds!" "Get away from MY WEEDS!" "Get away NOW!" "I mean it!" "I REALLY mean it!~" Poor Sunni. He didn't know what to do, so he just came over to Mom and hovered next to me!

1 comment:

wvfarmgirl said...

Just found you via the black box. Way to go on adopting those horses! They all look great and very happy. Keep up the good work and the great pictures!