Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!


I would like to take this opportunity to write about all the things I'm thankful for. First, I am thankful for my wonderful husband. We've been married now for 36 years. It hasn't always been easy! We were married at 20 and 22. We were both still in college. I had two more years of school and so did he and without the support of my parents and grandparents, we wouldn't have completed our degrees. I even went on another 1 1/2 years to get my MA. While my parents and grandparents are no longer with me here on earth, they are in my mind and heart every day! I am also thankful that we have two beautiful and level-headed grown children and that we will shortly be grandparents. Additionally, I'm thankful for all our animals that we have saved: our 5 horses, 1 dog (the other two were from breeders), and our 4 cats. Right now I'm also thankful for every day that I can still walk and get around. While the cortisone shots in my back do not seem to be working, at least I can still move around! I probably will need back surgery in the future, so we'll see what that brings. I'm thankful that my dear cousin Valerie is here to support me and my horses and give me the training and guidance that I need to make them into dependable, rideable animals! THANK YOU, VALERIE!

So, everyone, please have a wonderful day with your family and enjoy life and your companions (horsey or human)! Thank you for stopping by!

1 comment:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Have a wonderful day with your family and friends.