Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

M. Pickens, Person of the Week


Here's the link to World News Tonight featured story on Mrs. Pickens' plan to save the BLM mustangs: http://abcnews.go.com/WN/PersonOfWeek/story?id=6307278&page=1 Apparently she is planning on putting cabins on the land so that the public can come see the mustangs. I salute her for her efforts! Wherever she finds the million acres or so, I am planning on visiting one day with my camera(s). In the meantime, I'm going up to see "the herd" and give them all a big hug today!

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I truly hope her idea and plans work out in the best interest of the wild horses. If it does it could be on of the best things to ever happen for our wild horses......

~Lisa