Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

R is for "Rescue" ABC Wednesday Nov 19, 2008


You know, I've entered photos from my other blogs in various memes, but I've never entered any photos of our horses until recently. This week's letter is "R" and all I could think of was "rescue". We have 3 rescue horses, actually 5, if you count the mustangs. I really think of Beauty and Gigondas as my true rescues, since they both were on a feedlot, awaiting shipment to THE FEEDLOT FROM WHICH HORSES DO NOT RETURN. Sunni was actually rescued by United Pegasus and he wasn't in any danger of being shipped to slaughter, like Beauty and Gigondas. So, I dedicate this day's blog to "R" is for "rescue". I love this photo of Gigondas. She is so loving of life, so glad to enjoy her outings in the arena, and now, to be with us. It is truly humbling to see a living being, who was once so afraid of people, now come willingly up to us and stay with us. Here she is coming up to me. She makes a semi-circle and then stands right behind me, blowing softly. I LOVE her soft nose!
R is for rescue.
For other "R" entries, please visit: http://abcwednesdayround3.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gigondas is a beauty and so lucky you rescued her. I'm sure they are all very greatful that you rescued them. I really think animals know when they are in danger.

Rinkly Rimes said...

Your horse obviously Relishes being Rescued!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful horse! So sad that many end up slaughtered - over here they get sent to Europe for horsemeat (for people to eat) if young, or petfood if they're older. Such a waste.

We don't have the space here in the UK for wild horses to roam. There are some wild native ponies in the New Forest and Exmoor and the Welsh hills, for instance, but the herds have to be culled because space is so limited. The lucky ones go for riding ponies.

Thank you, on behalf of the team, for taking part in ABC Wednesday. Hope to see you next week!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

R is for Rescue, indeed. Beauty and Gigondas are the lucky ones.
What treasures they are. So beautiful, too :)

~Lisa