Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Status of the herd: Quad




Quad was looking pretty relaxed here after I brushed and brushed and brushed him last weekend! I'll be going up today (hubby is working), so I'll do more brushing. I always keep an eye on the morning temps up there and they have been right above freezing this week, although a couple of mornings, it was down to 31 degrees. It was 90 here in the desert yesterday...our first real day of heat! Although it was that hot, however, our house remained cool. That's because we have trees all around it and they help to shade it! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Have a great time. Give Quad a smooch for me and hugs to the others

Holistic Pet Help - HPH said...

I found brushing is both very relaxing for the horse and for myself.

Linda said...

90--wow! That is so hot already. I like to brush, too, but mine are still shedding and the wind is often blowing, so it gets in my mouth and eyes and makes it less pleasant.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awwww, he looks great!

It was hailing on us here today and down into the 30's tonight. Bummer because everything is beginning to green up here and my fruit trees have blossoms. I worry about cold temps and snow killing off the blossoms and ending any chance at another good fruit harvest. I want my peaches and apples again this year. wah!

But I'm not trusting this past week's 70+ temps. We've had snowstorms all the way into Memorial Day weekend in the past.
~Lisa