Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, April 23, 2010

SNOW! SkyWatch Friday 042310




Wednesday afternoon's storm dumped snow down to 3,500 feet. I saw it on my way to work yesteday and it is COLD here in the desert this morning. But, the storm front has moved on, and temps will be close to 80 degrees here today. My alarm didn't go off yesterday morning and I slept in until 5:30 a.m. (I usually get up about 4:45 a.m.), and I had to dash out the door so that I wasn't late for school! I didn't get to do my morning walk, so I am eager to get out with my camera this morning and take photos. I imagine the horses got snow up where they are and hubby is taking our daughter and son-in-law to a UCLA spring football scrimmage tomorrow, and the ranch owners won't be home, so I'm really not sure how much (if ANYTHING) I'll get done tomorrow! SkyWatch Friday for 042310.

3 comments:

Kim, USA said...

Snow? Wow that is something else. Happy weekend!

Another Sunset

Unknown said...

fabulous photos, amazing clouds.

Terri said...

And I thought West Texas skies were beautiful!