Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Monday~gardening and mowing and so much to do!~

Hubby bought me a new lawnmower, a gasoline one. My former one was electric and it was a lot quieter, but didn't have the POWER of a gasoline one. This one has 6.75 horsepower and I set it on high and it just ate right through the weeds and grass in the back yard. And, these weeds and grass were about 2 feet high! ACK! It's been a while since I've been able to go out back and whack down the grass. All our rains have sprouted so many weeds, they just got OUT OF CONTROL!!!! So, it was good to go out back and whack all of them down. My sweet peas are blooming and thriving and GROWING! I cut two big batches of them today and there are more of them on the fence. I took out my sunflowers out front, but I'm considering planting some Tithonia (Mexican sunflower) seeds out there. I also have some Cosmos seeds, but I think I'll plant them along our chain link fence out back. I also have an Eureka lemon tree to plant and I think I'll plant it out in the back yard where it will get full sun. Ahhh... spring break! So much to do!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Your pics are beautiful! Have so enjoyed visiting your blog. Believe it or not I had the same Ghandi quote posted until just a few days ago!:)
Looking forward to seeing you again!
Terri Baker
Mystic Equus