Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, April 2, 2010

Desert wildflowers and blue sky~SkyWatch Friday 040210


I know, I know! You're wondering, "Where are the photos of the horses?" To be honest, I won't have any until this weekend and next week. My spring break officially begins TODAY and yesterday I drove out to Thousand Palms Canyon (appropriately named) and stopped to take some photos of our desert wildflowers. They are at their peak right now and, starting next week, temps will be in the upper 80's, so they will be fading fast in the heat. So, this weekend I'm planning on getting as many photos of them as I can! I'm meeting my cousin and my good friend Molly for lunch today and this afternoon I'll head up the mountain to go check on the horses! BATHS next week, I promise! Blue sky and wildflowers~~SkyWatch Friday for April 2, 2010.

2 comments:

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Just returned from a 5 day horsie ride in the Arizona desert. And, it took me 5 more days to recover! Sure had fun, though. Looking forward to seeing more wildflowers. Everything had just started blooming in northern AZ. I think it's going to be a good year for desert flowers, what with all the winter rains...

Kcalpesh said...

An oasis in the desert? Beautiful shot!

Pixellicious Photos