Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, April 26, 2010

Spring wildflowers~Mellow Yellow Monday 042610




As I visit the ranch where my horses are boarded up in our local mountains, I often glance across the valley to see field after field of little yellow flowers. So, yesterday, since I had a full tank of gas, I took a ride across the valley to take a look at them. They are tiny flowers and I don't know their name, but they certainly provide a colorful blanket for fields. I also took a dirt road up the side of one of the local mountains with my Toyota RAV and got a beautiful view of the surrounding mountains (see my newest blog...RAV4adventures, listed on the side bar). I noticed, unfortunately, that little Cali seemed "off" yesterday. She didn't eat her beet pulp and instead was lying down in her corral, so I got her up and walked her. She just didn't seem like herself and took a good roll (and did a big poop!), so I left a note for the ranch owner and asked her to keep an eye on Cali.

4 comments:

Terri said...

Thank goodness for big poops!!! I love em!
U probably already know this but it bears repeating.
If u suspect your horse is trying to colic and it's not gas colic, try loading them in a clean trailer. Maggie will poop every time!!!
Have a great day!

Annie Jeffries said...

Love this. So peaceful.

Becky said...

Beautiful views and good choice for MYM. I'd love to drive around in that area stopping to make photos.

Here's mine.

eileeninmd said...

Love seeing the fields of color. Great photos.