Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cali and crazy weather!!!


I pulled over yesterday morning, while driving to school, to answer my cell phone, and it was the ranch owner. She said Cali appears to be okay and she was eating. PHEW! What a scare! Our weather has been very erratic lately. One day it is in the 90's and the next day, down into the 60's and then SNOW!!! And, of course, the horses have all shed out their winter coats. Go figure. And, for this week, strong winds are forecast all week, with temps dropping 10 degrees. Yesterday, here in the desert, it was 97 degrees and air conditions were started up and humming away. Fortunately, our house was cool with just the windows open, and we didn't have to turn the old air conditioner on! I'm driving up to check on Cali and the other horses this afternoon after school. We're driving to Jill Curtis' Shiloh Horse Rescue near Las Vegas this weekend for a mustang training clinic, so I'll take pics and post about it next week.

3 comments:

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I'm glad she is okay!!!!!! The yellow fields in your post before are gorgeous!

Mikey said...

oooo, you're going to the clinic! That should be so much fun! Take lots of pictures, I can't wait to see!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Crazy weather!

I can't wait to read/see all about the Mustang clinic.


~Lisa