Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

27 degrees this morning! and double butts


Ack! What has happened to spring break? I remember, as a kid, coming down to Palm Springs for spring break and it was in the high 80's or 90's. And, it was WARM. Well, yesterday wasn't warm at all! We had clouds and breezes. Chilly breezes! I looked up at our local mountains and decided I wouldn't even drive up there. I could see rain coming down (shivering)....so, instead, I stayed home and mowed down the weeds in our back yard. I also picked two huge bunches of sweet peas. I needed a day to tidy up the yard, and since it was cool here in the desert, I decided to take advantage of the weather. I heard on the news that this morning it was 27 degrees up in our mountains! Brrrrrrr! So, if I brush off the horses and it gets that cold, will they be okay???

5 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Great photo, those are two nice butts.
Sorry your spring break is off to a icky weather start. Seems like the weather on the west coast has been bad for all the spring breaks. Hope your weather gets better and the tremors stop.

Linda said...

Is Spring Break earlier than usual? It's cold up here, too, but that's to be expected!

Cheryl Ann said...

No, spring break isn't any earlier. It's just our weird "global warming" weather! Warming, NOT!

Kate/High Altitude Gardening said...

Your horses are softies. (kidding) Mine are trudging through 3 feet of fresh snow from last night. And, they don't wear coats. They did. But, they got all wild and crazy one day and undressed each other - rip... rip.. RIP goes the canvas. :(

photogchic said...

Brrr is right!