Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Pocket ponies! MOM~I want to HELP you!!!
















I swear, our two mustangs are the most friendly and curious horses we have! Gigondas? Nah. Quad? Nah. Sunni? Maybe. But, Scout and Cali were really pocket ponies yesterday! They followed me all over their corral and stuck their noses in my grooming kit, knocked my red bucket all over, and then STOOD in the newly-washed watering trough! (Of course, I had put down my camera by that point!) They are real knuckleheads! And, every time I turned around, Scout was right beside me! At one point, she even turned her BUTT to me for a scratch (they all got wormed yesterday!) ...sigh...so she got a nice scratching. They were my "little" (NOT!) helpers yesterday! (Like I needed their help!) It was good to spend the morning with them. And, boy, are they shedding, especially Cali! I pulled off some of her hair from above her eyes and it just came out in my hands. She's partially shedded and I can now see her beautiful, golden undercoat! I'm hoping to return mid-week for more brushing!

3 comments:

Cactus Jack Splash said...

Maybe they can learn to brush eachother

Terri said...

Why can't I have eyelashes like that?!!!
Terri

Welcome To Wilmoth Farms said...

I just love horse antics! I've got one that does that kind of stuff all the time and as aggravating as it can be at times makes me laugh EVERY time he does it! (tho' untying himself from tho's so-called untie-able horse knots and gates opened cause your little guy can unlatch everything you got- not so funny when you turn around and he is everywhere sneaking grass on the other side of the fence!) Yep always replacing gate latches! That little fart! Your horses are beauties! And loved the collection of farm animal pictures below this post!