Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Virginia Lakes road~Friday Fences and SkyWatch Friday~062013

As we drove back from Bodie state park the other day, we noticed that the thunderheads had spread out across the sky.  The Virginia Lakes road has a beautiful western fence along this portion of the road, so we stopped to take some photos here.  I think this photo qualifies for both SkyWatch Friday and Friday's Fences, don't you?  SWF and FF for June 20, 2013.  To visit Friday's Fences, please go to:   http://lifeaccordingtojanandjer.blogspot.com/   To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to:   http://skyley.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

LV said...

That lovely sight would qualify for anything.

Lea said...

Blue sky, white clouds - a beautiful contrast - and fences are always interesting to me.
Lea
Lea's Menagerie

Spare Parts and Pics said...

Awesome skywatch shot!!! Have a great weekend.

Jim said...

Great cloud formation.

Merisi said...

Sheer beauty, perfectly captured!

Happy Sky Watch,
Merisi

Judy said...

Gorgeous!! I am so glad I enlarged the image, so I could see the way the sun was lighting up those fence posts!!!

Sara Chapman said...

What a beautiful photo. I believe that the flat, saucer-shaped clouds are called lenticular, but not sure if these are them. Pretty in any case.