Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, June 28, 2013

Light and Dark for Friday Shoot Out~062613

This week's theme is dark and light contrasts and when I was up at the ranch on Tuesday, I took this photo of the wagon in the shade, with the horses in the background, in the sunlight.  I took an iPad class all day yesterday and learned a lot about my iPad, so I'm excited to begin to use it, too, for photos, as I can show those photos of the horses to the kids at school.  Friday My Town Shoot Out for July 26, 2013.  To visit FMTSO, please go to:   http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

Ruth Kelly said...

Love the wagon in the shade.

GingerV said...

I love this place you have in the mountains, it reminds me of my childhood in cottonwood az. The wagon photo is unique and pleasurable.

Jama said...

This is one good example of light and dark colour contrast, such a gorgeous view which can never be found in my urban island.

Suburban Girl said...

That wagon silhouette is neat.

Unknown said...

Jama is right great shot of light and dark color contrast. Love the horses.
Peggy

Pauline said...

Your wagon makes a unique and perfect illustration of light and dark contrasts - love it.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

good shadow of the wagon and tree.

Barb said...

Nice silhouette there, Cheryl. It gives you picture a romantic feel.