Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Roses up at the ranch~Today's Flowers~060813

I can't grow roses.  Every rose that I've ever planted has died.  So, I admire and appreciate my neighbor's roses and these roses, which are up at the horse ranch.  My parents used to have a rose garden and my dad would often take his little trailer out to get a trailer load of horse manure for them, but I just can't grow roses!  :-(  I've tried bare root ones, I even got some beautiful, healthy ones from my old school one time (they ALL died), I've tried live ones...all my rose adventures have ended in failure!  Anyway, these are all blooming up at the ranch now and when I go up tomorrow, I'll take more photos of them.  Aren't they delightful?  Today's Flowers for June 8, 2013.  To visit Today's Flowers, please go to:   http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/






4 comments:

Karen said...

These are lovely. I can't grow roses either!

DeniseinVA said...

Your story is very similar to mine. My Dad had a wonderful knack tending to his roses, but unfortunately this gene was not passed down to me. Thank you so much for sharing these with Today's Flowers. They are truly gorgeous!

Denise
Today’s Flowers
An English Girl Rambles

Arija said...

They certainly are delightful. I , on the other hand, grow roses like weeds.

Tins roser said...

The roses are beautiful, and you have great photos.