Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, June 20, 2013

Old barn~Friday Shootout~062013

This old barn is near Julian, CA and near Warner Springs.  I often drive down this way to go to Ramona and I always stop to view the barn.  It's nearly falling down, as you can see, but one time there were cows inside, so apparently it is still used.  Friday Town Shoot out for June 20, 2013.  This week's challenge is "Through the Fence".  To visit Friday Town Shoot Out, please go to:   http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com/

12 comments:

Cousin B said...

Hello, just found your site via Jans Place. We snowbird in Palm Springs every winter and board down at Smoke Tree. Just wanted to say hi!

Jama said...

Such a beautiful building, it's such a waste to let it run down like that.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

This looks like a very utilitarian fence.

Unknown said...

I love old barns. One of my favorite things to paint on canvas. The fence is in better shape than the barn. Hope there are no cows in there when it falls. The cows will knew.
QMM

Ruth Kelly said...

There are so many reasons that a barn begins to fall apart - one of them is that the owner is also falling apart.

Barb said...

That's a great old barn, isn't it? Are you back from the Sierra Nevadas yet?

Kim, USA said...

Beautiful photo. Thanks for sharing.

Kim,USA

Pauline said...

I sometimes think the main purpose of old barns is to provide photographic opportunities. I like the contrast between the old barn in your shot and the well maintained fence. I guess we could work out the priorities of the farmers from that shot!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

we don't have many barns here in New Zealand.

GingerV said...

Cheryl, lovely photo. I feel like that - great bones but obviously falling apart....

Anonymous said...

Where I live we are scarse on barns.

Very nice take.

The Tablescaper said...

I think I'd be afraid to put any living animal in there for fear they wouldn't make it out. LOL! But I do love the texture.

I host a weekly link party called "Oh, the PLACES I've been!" The link goes up at 7pm EST on Thursday. I hope to see you then!

- The Tablescaper