Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, June 2, 2013

California poppies~Today's Flowers~060213



There are a couple of patches of these beautiful California poppies up in our local mountains and I drive by them each time I go see the horses.  I'm heading up there this morning to give them their wormers and to check on them.  Last weekend I saw a raven in the road, so I stopped to see what he was feeding on, and it was a gopher snake (dead).  I've seen 4 snakes now on the road while traveling up to the horse ranch.  Tis Spring!  I hope these flowers are still there.  Even the mountains have had high temps lately.  Today's Flowers for June 2, 2013.  To visit Today's Flowers, please go to:   http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

DesertHen said...

Beautiful poppies! I grew up in central California and remember taking drives with my parents up into the foothills to see the poppies and wild lupin when I was little.

DeniseinVA said...

I love your California Poppies. The first time I saw them was on vacation in California several years ago. Thank you for sharing these beautiful flowers with Today's Flowers, and have a great week :)

Denise
Today’s Flowers
An English Girl Rambles

Modern Mom said...

Pretty poppies. Sorry for the late visit. Hope you'd find time to visit my Duranta Repens.