Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Quad has done it AGAIN~~


Yup~he's back to chewing on Sunni's beautiful, long, thick tail!  Is this boredom or a mineral deficiency?  Poor Sunni isn't going to have much of a tail to keep away the summer flies!   :-(

1 comment:

Ruthlynn said...

Oh my, poor tail! If you go and put some Tabasco hot pepper sauce on part of Sunni's tail,the tail eating will stop instantly (avoid getting on "delicate areas" only tail hair).I did that with my baby gelding chewing his mother's tail. He stopped and now her tail is full again. You have to reapply if the rain takes it off.There is also a green vet wrap called NO Chew,I use on dog/horse legs/paws, keeps them from chewing a wrapped bandage. Good Luck.