Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Silver Lake in the afternoon

Hubby fell asleep in one of the cabin's reclining chairs yesterday afternoon and took a LONG nap.  I was bored, so I hopped into the XTerra and went for a ride over to Silver Lake.  There are 4 lakes in the June Lake loop:  June Lake, Gull Lake, Silver Lake, and Grant Lake.  All are stocked with fish and a lot of fishermen (and women) fish all summer long in them.  There are campgrounds around all four lakes, also.  Silver Lake is the prettiest lake, I think, although June Lake is gorgeous and it looks like it could be a small village in Switzerland.  Photos show the south end of June Lake, then Silver Lake, with the fishing boats tied up for the afternoon, and Grant Lake.  On this afternoon, the wind was really blowing and you can see some white caps on Grant Lake.  Maybe today we'll drive over to June Lake and get some decent photos of it.  The last time we pulled over to take photos, hubby was standing away from me when I spotted something flying right past us~~it was a bald eagle!


1 comment:

Willow said...

Beautiful country there !