Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Friday, June 21, 2013

Bald eagle sighting!

So this morning the hubs and I drove over to Convict Lake.  He offered to buy me lunch there, but we arrived at 11:00 a.m. and they didn't open for lunch until 11:30.  As we were driving in, he remarked, "There's a bald eagle!"  I looked up and yup...there he was, making lazy circles in the sky.  Quite a few people stopped to also point him out.  I was so nervous and I grabbed my camera, almost knocking it out of the car!  I did manage to get quite a few photos of him.  We never did have lunch there.  Instead, we drove back to Mammoth and had lunch at a New York bagel & deli.  It was delicious!  I had a turkey sandwich and salad and the hubs had a pastrami sandwich.  Back to the cabin to rest after that!  We leave for home tomorrow.  I see that it will be 111 and 113 next weekend in the desert.  It was 56 degrees here today in June Lake...sigh...

No comments: