Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Gigondas

Gigondas has FINALLY settled down and is a really nice mare now.  She has always led quietly, but now she stands tied at the rack and allows us to calmly and gently brush her face and ears and head!  That's a BIG move for her!  My trainer believes that whoever previously had her grabbed her by the ears and led her around...???  She was head-shy for YEARS (I've had her for 6 years now...)  She also goes through her gaits now very smoothly and she has the best stop.  I'm proud of her progress.





No comments: