Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Bodie trip

We drove out to Bodie state park yesterday.  Bodie is an old, abandoned mining town 13 miles off Highway 395.  It was very windy up there and we had to protect our cameras from the dust.  There were some thunderheads out toward the Sierras, but for the most part, the skies over Bodie were gray and cloudy, and, at a place known for photographers, that wasn't good.  So, when you have lemons, make lemonade, right?  I tried to focus on shots that didn't require a skyline or clouds.  Instead, I focused on buildings and windows.








3 comments:

Nuzzling Muzzles said...

Yay! I'm glad you got pictures. You know, one of the last things I wanted to do on my way out of town when moving was to stop at Bodie to take some pictures. But I had to leave so early in the morning that it was still dark and the park wasn't open.

lisa said...

That is so cool! I just love the pictures, you should blow a couple up and they would make wonderful western pictures!

Cheryl Ann said...

Bodie is a photographers' dream! There are so many buildings to see and other items to photograph. But, the road is AWFUL! Cars do make it, and campers, too, but DO have good tires! NO cell phone service in Bodie.