Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

African daisies~Outdoor Wednesday 031111











I know that some of you are dealing with snow right now, but here in the desert, flowers are blooming. These are some African daisies that I planted in my front yard, out by the street. I planted them last December, from the seeds that I got from last year's crop. They get full sunlight all day, but I notice that they don't open up until about 11:00 a.m.! Hmmmm.....They close just as soon as the sun starts to go down over the nearby mountain in the afternoon. Aren't they colorful? Enjoy! Outdoor Wednesday for March 1, 2011. To visit other participants in Outdoor Wednesday, please visit: http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

Sandy said...

Beautiful!

LV said...

Good for you being able to see nature letting the flowers come out. We will get them before too long.

Donnie said...

They are just beautiful. I love Shasta daisies but the color on these is gorgeous.

Jim said...

Beautiful blooms.
Sydney - City and Suburbs

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Beautiful! So nice to see happy
blooms this time of year :)

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

They are beautiful!!...I tried to raise african daisies once but it's too humid here I think.

Have a great day!!

Mary @ Framed and Tagged said...

Oh and I love your horses too!!!!

Diamond in the ruff said...

I love your blog! Beautiful pictures, I'm starting to see daffadills pop up all around the bar.
Come visit my blog @ www.wildheartsrunningfree.blogspot.com.
;o)

Kathy Walker said...

Beautiful flowers! I love the colors.

Shirley said...

Beautiful, beautiful daisies! Love the color. And thank you for being a rescuer! I have horses too.

HollyC said...

Such happy flowers! I love the color. You have a wonderful blog and it's wonderful that you rescue horses! Blessings to you.
~Holly