Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, March 7, 2011

Virtual tour of the ranch~ 030711










I've been meaning to do this for some time~~give you a virtual tour of the ranch where I send my horses. I found Cathy and Bill's place in the Horsetrader about 3 1/2 years ago. I called and talked to Cathy and she seemed just so nice! She gave me directions to come check out her ranch and boarding facilities. I had 5 horses at that time (not Quad, but Beauty) that I was boarding WAY up in Lancaster, which was 3 hours from our home and hubby and I would make 2 trips a month on the weekends to visit the herd and it was just wearing us out! Cathy's place is a 35 minute trip up the mountain and is in our local mountains. She is very knowledgeable and has been a wonderful mentor for me! She breeds and raises her own Peruvian Pasos and they are all beautiful, gorgeous horses! Next time, I'll get some pics of them! And, she has extra corrals which she boards to folks. She's VERY reliable and I never worry about my herd missing a meal! THANK YOU, Cathy! So, here are some views of her ranch. That's my messy tack room with all my ropes and halters hanging on the door! She just got another load of hay because part of her previous load got wet and moldy, which is too bad, but I'm hoping to get some of those bales for my garden in the desert. I hate to see the alfalfa go to waste and it will put valuable nutrients into the desert sand! I like her lanterns which hang outside her kitchen window. Sometimes, during the summer, hubby and I drive up there and have a nice BBQ with Cathy and Bill outside. That's one of her ranch dogs, Pearl. Her two dogs are both rescues. Looking out over the arena...that's Sunni's and Quad's row of corrals. They have covered corrals, but my mustangs don't.

1 comment:

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Looks like a really nice place. I bet it feels great knowing your horses are safe and well taken care of there.

~Lisa