Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Just chores

This morning I headed out bright and early. It was an incredibly beautiful day, with some high clouds, but plenty of blue sky...perfect for taking photos! I left the house about 7:30 a.m. and stopped to take photos along the road. By the time I got up to the ranch, it was nearly 10:00 a.m. The owners were gone, so I didn't take any of the horses out. Instead, I cleaned out the tack room, messed around with the mustangs, filled up blue water containers (ALL of the automatic waterers are unplugged due to the below-freezing nighttime temps!). I messed around with Quad for a while and Sunni and I caught them staring at me over their corral and the arena! What a couple of goofy guys! I'll drive up one afternoon this week, too, for another visit. Quad was very interested in sniffing me. He's so gentle!

1 comment:

Gail said...

You have made wonderful progress with these horses.