Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Purple snail vine

I wandered around my yard the other day, looking for things to photograph, and I spotted this purple snail vine flower. Snail vines grow very well (and quickly!) here in the lower desert. One vine was protected from the vicous frost last month, but my other one nearly died. It is making a slow comeback and doesn't have any flowers on it yet, but I'm sure it will soon! I have both of these growing along our dog fence (chain link) in the back yard. I'll be sure and take photos as they grow and bloom.

2 comments:

lisa said...

That is a very pretty vine flower!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Ooh! It looks so delicate. Such a lovely color, too. Poor thing would never survive up here. I'll have to enjoy it through your blog instead.

~Lisa