Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Cold day today and another storm moving in!


It was a very cold day today up at the horse ranch and another storm is moving in overnight. At first I thought I wouldn't even drive up there, but then I remembered that Quad and Sunni would probably need more sweet feed and bermuda grass pellets, so up I went. Up on the mountain, they not only get cold temps, but with the wind blowing, the air feels a lot colder! I had on a t-shirt, a long sleeved Old Navy hoodie, and I was FREEZING! I bought the feed and pellets, unloaded them, gave them to all the horses plus some oil, petted them, talked to them, and then hopped back into my warm, cozy car and headed back to the desert. It was warm there during the afternoon, but now the temps are dropping here, too! This storm is expected to drop more snow on our local mountains, down to 4,000 feet (AGAIN...)! So, the horses won't get a lesson on Tuesday because it will be too slick. I'm hoping that maybe mid-week I can make a trip up there, since MORE RAIN is expected next weekend...WHY does it only storm on the weekends?

No comments: