Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

fuzzy wuzzy horses!





March here in the desert means daytime temps up in the mid 70's. Up at the ranch, that means temps in the 60's. I'm not sure if they had rain the last couple of days as it was so darn cloudy I didn't drive up there. I've emailed the owner and she hasn't responded (their Internet is finicky!), so I don't know if they got rain. Yesterday here in the desert we had near hurricane winds and several roads were closed down due to blowing sand. The horses are all covered with their long hair and thick coats, but...March is here and the temps will be rising.

2 comments:

lisa said...

She looks like my Annie, she gets wooly too.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh my goodness! Such a furry, fuzzy face and long beard. Adorable!

We had those close-to hurricane force winds here, too. And then it brought snow.
Temps in the 60s sounds nice. We're getting close to that here. But we can still get snow up into late May.

~Lisa