Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, March 21, 2011

A face only I can love!



This is my cat, Abby. She was one of 4 kittens that my cousin's cat had a couple of years ago. Valerie's purebred Oriental shorthair escaped from her RV while she and her husband were visiting Orange County. Valerie went back, posted signs, and a couple of weeks found her cat (who is deaf), but Mom had a surprise a few weeks later (actually...4 of them!) I took Abby, a colleague at school took one of the males, and Valerie kept another tabby. I don't know who has the other black one...Abby has the Oriental shorthair face and long body and she is SMART! She constantly outfoxes all of our dogs and follows me to bed every night! If she gets cold at night, she buries herself under our covers. She also loves to curl up on my stomach while I'm typing, although right now she's dozing on my cozy blanket which is behind me on the chair! She was sleepy yesterday morning when I took these photos. I'll try to get more of Abby soon. I didn't even drive up the mountain yesterday as it was cloudy and dreary all day yesterday.

3 comments:

lisa said...

Neat looking cat! I just had my seven toed cat spade and had the stitches out this morning.

The Barn Door said...

Aww...I think she's a cutie!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Oh! She is lovely. I've always liked black cats, but BOY! Are they challenging to photograph and capture all their beautiful details.

~Lisa