Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Won't be going up to the ranch for a few days...







Well, I won't be going up to the ranch to visit the horses for a few days. I heard on the news that, even though the storm has moved on, chains are STILL required on the mountain road because of black ice! ACK! As a native Californian, I'm not used to black ice or driving on it. Plus, it's the last week of the trimester and I have to input grades online this week. It's supposed to be up in the 80's this weekend, which will be really nice, and I'm planning on taking some photos of the wildflowers this weekend. There are lupine growing along Highway 74 and I've already taken a few photos of them. According to a plant expert, our December rains, followed by a period of warm weather, and then more rain, should provide a beautiful wildflower season this year!

2 comments:

Fantastyk Voyager said...

Those flowers are gorgeous! I love purple.

Buttons Thoughts said...

Hello I love your photos. Lupines are very pretty.B