Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Thursday, February 24, 2011

More snow on the way!




















These are pictures of last weekend's snowfall up in our local mountains. And, yes, the horse ranch also got snow. It is at 4,000 feet and another storm is moving into our mountains and valley tomorrow, with snow forecast down to 3,500 feet...sigh...Like many of you, I'm getting tired of snow, snow, and more snow! We don't get snow down here on the desert floor (we are only at 225 feet elevation), and while I love to look up at the snow on the mountains, I don't enjoy driving through it and ice to the ranch. And, with my husband's birthday this Saturday, and our grandson's too (yes, they share the same birthday!), I don't think I'll make it up to the ranch this weekend. I'm thinking that if I head up there this afternoon, before the storm moves in, I'll at least have a chance to buy more feed for the horses and check on all of them, so I'll do that this afternoon. It's been a busy week. I had a doctor's appointment Tuesday. I took my German shepherd in yesterday to have his stitches removed (the vet did several bioposy samples on his skin). He seems to have some kind of auto-immune thing going on, which has resulted in his hair loss. He DOES look (and smell) a LOT better now that he's been on antibiotics and an anti-fungal for 14 days now. His face is looking more clear and he was out playing with the other dogs this week! YEAH!

No comments: