Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Went to the doctor today and...


I got no sympathy! None whatsoever! She had a cold herself! She told me the kiddos at school will probably get 6 colds this year and so will I and to take zinc and Vitamin C to head it off. I didn't have a fever, I didn't have an infection in my throat, and yes, it takes THIS LONG (8 weeks) to recover from the round of bronchitis which is going around! 8 weeks!!!! She suggested I use hand sanitizer in my room. I explained to her that I buy it buy the quart (the largest size) at Walmart and I go through 2 of them a year! Hmmmm.....so I went to my local health food store, bought Vitamin C and zinc pills and I'm drinking red wine with my pasta tonight! So there! I've NEVER had bronchitis 4 times in a year (this is bout #4 for me), and if she thinks I'm going to get it 2 more times, I'm gonna scream!!!! I told her, "I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired," and got a knowing nod and that was it! EXCUSE ME? Pfffffffttttttt...I'm having my red wine tonight and I'm hoping that it will kill some of the germs! Picture of some pretty stocks at Lowe's.

3 comments:

The Pink Geranium or Jan's Place said...

Oh my..I think you deserve to feel better, and in the mean time...keep in sipping on the red wine :)

Jan

Linda said...

That's the hard part of being a teacher. I've never been so sick as when I taught. I got bronchitis, too, and I never wanted to take time off to go to the doctor. :( Hope you get better soon. Rest up--get your sleep!

Rising Rainbow said...

I knew about vitamin C but what's with the zinc??

I think once is too often to be sick. I really feel for you. And if it takes 8 weeks to recover each time, you'd be sick the whole darn school year. Ugh, what a though. Drink another glass of wine for me.