Desert Horses

Welcome to my horse blog, Desert Horses. We live in the desert southwest, near Palm Springs, CA, but board our horses up in our local mountains where it is cooler in the summer. I have 4 horses, all rescues. Here is the ranch up the mountains where the horses stay.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beating the storm




I had a headache all day yesterday, so I went to bed very early last night (at 6:30 p.m.)!!!! Hubby woke me up at 10:00 to tell me that temperatures are going to dip here in the valley 20 degrees starting tomorrow. That's a huge drop for us. Up on the mountain, they will also dip. I'm currently nearly out of sweet feed for the horses, so I'm going to wear my jeans to school today and race out this afternoon to buy bags of sweet feed for them so that they have some extra calories for the cold snap which is also heading our way. My thoughts will be with you in the Midwest, facing a monster storm. I have a colleague who has 20 acres in Oklahoma and he frequently talks to me about my horses. He doesn't have any yet and I keep asking him to come up and see my herd. In other news, my daughter (also a teacher) now has severe bronchitis which is aggravated by her allergies. Maybe tonight I can talk hubby into making his famous (infamous?) baked ziti? He puts panchetta in it and believe me, it warms you up in NO TIME!!!

4 comments:

lisa said...

Sounds good, I will be right over for dinner! I saw on the news where Oklahoma City is getting the snow and blizzards conditions. We are supposed to get 15 to 24 inches of the lovely stuff. You take care!

Lori Skoog said...

Take pictures of your dinner for me!
We are supposed to get 15-22 inches of snow by tomorrow.

Thanks for visiting!

Kym said...

Hope you get the feed you need for those babies! We are sitting around here in Missouri wondering what exactly is going to happen....we did get some ice, not as bad as the local news media predicted! But it is dangerous driving conditions, so we are safe and snug at our little home! Thank the skies that my company called off work early yesterday and today! Keep warm!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Mmmm! The Ziti sounds yummy!
Sure hope your daughter feels better soon.

~Lisa